U11 Team Coaches
Kyle Coughlin – University of Indiana
Kyle played for Atlanta Coyotes throughout high-school and middle-school. Has been playing lacrosse for seven years as an LSM and a close defender. Kyle was defensive captain his senior year at Marist School, and was a three time varsity letterman. Was awarded GHSA Lacrosse Academic All-American. Currently plays Club Lacrosse at Indiana University as a close defender.
Started playing lacrosse 12 years ago at age 7. Graduated from Marist School in Atlanta in 2017. Plays attack, and played club lacrosse for Coyotes and Thunder. 4 year varsity letterman. Led Marist team in points three years in a row. US Lacrosse High School All American. 2017 1st team All State. 2016 and 2015 Honorable Mention All State. Team captain. All-time leader in goals, assists, and points in program history at Marist. First Division 1 player to come out of Marist. Currently plays Division 1 lacrosse at Rutgers University.
This will be Duncan’s fifth year of coaching with the Coyotes Lacrosse Program. Duncan is currently playing Division II Lacrosse at Young Harris College.
Alumni of the program himself, Duncan played for the Coyotes throughout high school. A graduate of Riverwood International Charter School
Duncan was a varsity captain and three-time recipient of the Attack Man of the Year Award. Despite these accolades and awards, his proudest accomplishment
was earning a starting position in his freshman year of collegiate lacrosse.
This will be Chandler’s fifth year working with the Coyotes. Alumni of the program himself, Chandler played for the Coyotes throughout high school. Chandler was a four-year varsity midfielder/face-off specialist – as well as team captain sophomore through senior year – at Riverwood International Charter School. He received the Halperin Hustle Award his sophomore year, was offensive MVP and team leading scorer (52 goals) his junior year, and received the Raider Award as well as the team academic award his senior year. Additionally, Chandler played on the national Trilogy ICE team for two years and was a Good to Great and Trilogy Academic Aces All-Star. Chandler is currently attending Vassar College, Chandler is a face-off specialist on the varsity men’s lacrosse team and is considering majors in economics and computer science.
Head Coach George Walker
George was a 3-year Varsity starter at Midfield, team captain, earned All-State recognition, and Adidas All-American team honors with Alpharetta High School.
George went on to attend the University of Georgia where he continued his playing career. While at UGA he played on some great teams with some extremely talented players. Individually, he was a 4-year starter, team captain, team president, led the team in points his senior year, 2nd all-time in points amongst midfielders, 4th on the all-time points list, 2015 2nd team all-conference, and 2013 SELC all-tournament team. By far the best accomplishment of his college career was the 2013 SELC conference championship. George is currently the Head JV Coach at the Marist School
Coach Dave Regan – Defensive Coordinator
Dave Regan is a graduate of Southern New Hampshire University where played LSM and defense. Dave is in his fourth season with the Atlanta Coyotes and serves as the Defensive Coordinator at the Marist School. Dave also is a US Lacrosse CEP Level 2 Certified Coach.
Assistant Coach – Simon Payne
Simon started playing lacrosse in 2001 the summer before 8th grade, lacrosse hadn’t yet become the sport it is today so we played with hockey goals in our intermural league. A group of us helped start the lacrosse program at Northview High School, paving the way for the program’s future. Playing all four years at Northview, Simon went on to study at Georgia Southern. He played on the club team for a season. Graduating in 2010 with a degree in Finance, Simon returned home from school where he then began coaching at Northview as a community coach and with the Outlaws summer program for 3 years.
In 2015, Simon became a Certified Lacrosse Offical, he also joined AYL as a coach and held the role of league director in 2016.
Head Coach – Kevin Moran
Kevin Moran is a graduate and former Division 1 Lacrosse player at Hofstra University on Long Island . In High school he played with the Jamesville Dewitt Red Rams (Syracuse NY) with consecutive NY State Championship appearances, and was also a member of the Silver Medal Empire State Games lacrosse team. Kevin has been a volunteer coach with the Atlanta Coyotes for 6 years and Atlanta Youth Lacrosse for 8+ years. Kevin with the help of many others, created and coached the first 7/8 lacrosse team at The Marist School 5 years ago and is now coaching varsity lacrosse at The Marist School. Kevin has two boys that have and are coming through the fantastic AYL/Coyote program, and he truly loves to give back to the kids.
Assistant Coach – Owen Penn
In 2014, Owen graduated from Holy Innocents where he was a 4-year varsity starter midfielder and attack, as well as, team captain.
Owen is 1st on the all-time in points list. Now attending Ole miss, Penn is a 3-year starting midfielder for the Rebels. Owen led the team in scoring
his sophomore year. In 2015, he received an All-Conference honorable mention, 2016 2nd team All-Conference,
current captain and president of the Ole Miss lacrosse team.
Assistant Coach – Rob Smith
Coach Corsetti is a member of the Georgia Lacrosse Hall of Fame (Class of 2011).
This marks Coach Corsetti’s 46rd year as a player, coach. Coach Corsetti has had many roles as a local and national lacrosse ambassador. Lou has had the pleasure of coaching 41 All-American Players, 18 Academic All-Americans, over 180 All-State Players (New York and Georgia) and several All-Star teams including the first Lacrosse Team to participate in the Georgia Games in 1993.
Lou has been part of US Lacrosse since it was established as “The National Governing Body” of the sport of lacrosse. Lou has held many positions with US Lacrosse. He is past President of the Georgia Chapter as well he has been on the National Youth Council since 2003. Lou has been a convention speaker 18 times at the US Lacrosse’s National Convention and a Convention Committee member for six years. Lou was elected “Georgia’s Man of the Year in 2003” and in June of 2005, Lou was elected to US Lacrosse Executive Committee, the first person from Georgia given such an honor. Lou was also nominated in 2004 as US Lacrosse “Most Innovative Coach”.
Coach Corsetti hails from West Babylon, New York. Coach Lou had a very successful lacrosse career at Division I Marist College where he set scoring records many of which stand today. A four-time all-league attackman Lou was 3rd in the nation in scoring in 1981 and 4th in the nation in 1982. Coach Corsetti was also a member of the Football Team where he was a three-time all-league selection and holds several team records and a NCAA record for Punt Return Touchdowns in a game.
- Selected to Coach the 2013 US Lacrosse/Champion All-American Showcase – Showcase writeup
- Georgia Lacrosse Hall of Fame Inductee – Class of 2011
- US Lacrosse, CEP Level 1,2 and 3 Certified Coach
- US Lacrosse Level Certified Trainer
- Board Member and President US Lacrosse Foundation (Georgia Chapter) – 2002 to 2005
- Executive Board Member US Lacrosse – 2005 to 2007
- Board Member US Lacrosse Youth Council – 2003 to 2010
- 18 Time US Lacrosse Speaker – US Lacrosse National Convention
- Founding Member for the Georgia Youth Lacrosse Association – 2002 to 2006
- Member National Youth Sports Coaches Association – 1991 to present
- Certified Clinician National Youth Sports Coaches Association – 1999 to present
- Member Positive Coaching Alliance
- Member Forsyth County Sports Association – 2005 to 2007
- President Atlanta Youth Lacrosse 1999 to present
- Assistant Coach Farmingdale University 1982
- Assistant Coach Allen Stevenson School, New York, New York 1983,84.85
- Head Coach North Georgia Club Lacrosse League Coach – 2002-2004
- Pace Academy Middle School Head Coach 2004 to 2009
- Junior Team Georgia Head Coach – 2004 to 2006
- Senior Team Georgia Head Coach – 2005 to 2006
- Assistant Coach Kennesaw State University 2006
- Head Community Coach Riverwood High School – 2009 to 2014
- Community Coach The Marist School, Atlanta – 2014 – present
Coach Corsetti has been published in several periodicals, US Lacrosse Drill Book and invented the term DSP (Dodge Shoot & Pass) which is used in training manuals.
Our Game: The Character & Culture of Lacrosse, by John Yeager
US Lacrosse Convention Speaker Presentations:
- 2002 – How to play Attack
- 2003 – Sportsmanship Round Table
- 2004 – Transition Drills that Work
- 2004 – Everyday Stick Drills – Foundation to Success
- 2005 – Lost Art of Stick Protection
- 2006 – Foundation for Youth Lacrosse Defense
- 2006 – Lacrosse Tic-Tac-Toe
- 2008 – Defensive Drills for Youth Lacrosse Players
- 2009 – Tryout Drills for All-Star Teams & Managing Expectations
- 2010 – Clearing and Riding “Doing the Little Things to Perfection”
- 2011 – Six Drills For Speed
- 2012 – Getting the Most out of a Short Practice
- 2012 – Recruiting Round Table
- 2013 – This is not working – changing your practice plan without changing your foundation
- 2014 – Progressive Shooting
- 2015 – Don’t Settle For 6 on 6: How To Score When You Are Not In a Settled Situation
- 2016 – Everything I know “almost
- 2017 – Creating a Culture of Volunteerism